H4 Sports and Entertainment approached Select’s Sports + Recreation Division to assist with the design of a new baseball stadium in Sylvan Lake. The stadium would become home of the Sylvan Lake Gulls franchise within the Western Canadian Baseball League (WCBL).
Select provided consulting services for the design and construction administration of a phased 3000-seat baseball stadium. The stadium includes a high-performance synthetic turf infield, tension netting system, batting tunnels, concrete dugouts, bleachers, Musco lighting system, LED score clock, building and baseball amenities consistent with MLB stadiums.
Phase 1 of the Gulls Stadium was completed in the spring of 2021 for the Gulls inaugural season in the Western Canadian Baseball League (WCBL).
The Gulls Stadium amenities included:
- Shaw B1K synthetic turf baseball infield.
- Tension Netting System by Sportsfield Specialties Inc.
- Tension Net batting tunnels including custom double wide A-Frame tunnel that transforms into a kids play zone during games.
- Concrete Dugouts with pro-padding system.
- Musco Lighting system with entertainment package.
- LED Scoreclock.
- Stadium building designed in consultation with Eagle Builders.