Pogadl Sports Park is an 80-acre comprehensive master planned recreation facility located in the southwest corner of Sylvan Lake, Alberta. Select worked closely with the Municipality to develop a multi-sport park with a wide range of Sport + Recreation amenities to respond to the needs of the Town residents and the surrounding communities.
Select completed the concept design for the site in 2018 and the Phase 1 construction work will commence in the Fall of the 2019.
The park amenities include:
- Comprehensive site grading for the management of storm water to accommodate high performance sports fields and the management and conveyance of runoff to drainage structures and storm water facilities.
- Natural grass athletic fields including a multi-purpose field, two soccer pitches, quad 300’ ball diamonds, and a 225’ baseball diamond to support the community requirements.
- Sylvan Lake Gulls Stadium.
- Tent and RV campground.
- Volleyball, pickleball, basketball and hockey facilities.
- Playground and splash park with amenity buildings.
- Decorative concrete seating nodes including bike racks and picnic tables.
- Asphalt trail networks that link the various site amenities.