Select Engineering Consultants Ltd. is an Edmonton based consultant firm specializing in planning and engineering in the Edmonton Region and Northern Alberta.
We are involved in numerous residential, commercial, and industrial land development and municipal projects.
Our client base is continuing to grow and we need the right people to help us continue to provide our standard quality of planning, engineering and consulting service.
- Field Coordinator/Technologist
- Posted: 2021-01-22
- Type: Full Time
- Municipal/Land Development Design/Drafting Technologist
- Posted: 2020-11-05
- Type: Full Time
- Land Use Planner
- Posted: 2021-03-15
- Type: Full Time
Land Use Planner
- Full Time
Select Engineering Consultants is a multi-disciplinary planning, engineering, and landscape firm looking for the right person to join our planning team. At Select, we are a fun and social group with flexible working arrangements, attractive benefits, and competitive salaries. We work collaboratively with one another, sharing ideas, learning and mentoring, and we share a common goal of providing the best quality work for our clients.
This position requires an engaged, energetic, and organized person who is capable of working closely with the Select team and other professionals, meeting with clients and municipalities, and designing new developments. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in policy and process as well as a passion for urban design and land development with a willingness to learn. Responsibilities will include:
- developing various levels of conceptual & statutory development plans;
- interpreting and implementing land use bylaws, urban and regional planning policies and land development best practices;
- developing and participating in stakeholder engagement and consultation;
- representing clients at public meetings and council hearings;
- managing planning projects, ranging from small to complex, within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- reviewing concepts and subdivision plans and working with planning technologists to produce high quality plans;
- bringing solutions to the table, while working with municipalities, clients, and team members;
- participating in business development activities and proposal writing.
Candidates should highlight their aptitude with the following skills and/or experience:
- nterest and experience in land development, regulatory land use planning and policy, community planning and urban design, including familiarity with land use bylaws and a basic understanding of the legal survey side of development;
- experience with Alberta's planning system and legislation is highly desirable;
- flexibility to alternate between technical and philosophical planning responsibilities as required;
- excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational and time management skills, well-honed writing and communication skills and the ability to manage a varied workload;
- ability to take the initiative to identify and resolve problems;
- ability to perform under demanding work conditions with a strong ability to think and react quickly and effectively to project related issues;
- proficiency in MS Office required and other software (AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketchup, etc) considered an asset;
- urban planning or related degree, a minimum five (5) years of experience, and a history of successfully completed assignments is preferred;
- CIP/APPI regulated or provisional members preferred.
- How to Apply
- Send an email indicating the position you are applying for along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Apply in person or by mail to:
Select Engineering Consultants Ltd.
Suite 100, 17413 – 107 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1E5
T: 780.651.5777 F: 780.651.5757