Select Engineering Consultants Ltd. is an Edmonton based consultant firm specializing in planning and engineering in the Edmonton Region and Northern Alberta.
We are involved in numerous residential, commercial, and industrial land development and municipal projects.
Our client base is continuing to grow and we need the right people to help us continue to provide our standard quality of planning, engineering and consulting service.
Land Use Planning Design/Drafting Technologist
- Full Time
Select Engineering Consultants Ltd. is seeking a Land Use Planning Design/Drafting Technologist with a minimum two years of experience in land development to join the team. We offer a social environment with flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries and benefits. This position requires an engaged, energetic and organized person who is capable of working closely with the Select team and other professionals to deliver high quality work. The candidate should be self motivated, resourceful, creative, knowledgeable with local municipal planning regulations, interested in design and eager to learn.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- preparation of supporting figures, maps and statistics for Area Structure Plan, zoning and subdivision applications
- assisting with public consultation and notification
- subdivision design, lotting and preparation of application materials
- design and drafting for other land use planning and urban design projects
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- strong AutoCAD experience
- experience with Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp is considered an asset
- design experience with a strong attention to detail
- organized and self motivated
- a focus on customer service
- able to work independently or within a team environment
- good time management skills
- good verbal and written communication skills
Select Engineering Consultants Ltd. is a progressive, profit sharing, private engineering company with a substantial share of private and municipal clients in the greater Edmonton and Northern Alberta regions. Select's specialty is the design, approval and construction of residential, commercial and industrial land development projects. Select has grown to a staff of over 50 people since its inception so there is a tremendous opportunity for personal growth in this position.
- How to Apply
- Send an email indicating the position you are applying for along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Apply in person or by mail to:
Select Engineering Consultants Ltd.
Suite 100, 17413 – 107 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1E5
T: 780.651.5777 F: 780.651.5757